Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Going back in time...

Went to bed at 8 pm again and got up at 4:45 a.m. I think I'm getting too much sleep. Go figure, if I stay up studying and go to bed at 10 pm I don't get enough sleep but if I go to bed at 8 I get too much!

Last night's dream I went back in time. I was a kid again, or at least I think I was a kid, but I had an adult mind so maybe I was an adult? No, I am not sure, I never saw myself, I only know how I was thinking.

The cast of characters in this dream: A much younger mom, sis, grams, gramps, Auntie Nina (grams sister) and Uncle Virgil (Auntie Nina's husband), Yogi and an unknown cat.

Time: 1980

We were at the grocery store and I was trying to hide from my mother. She and my sister were shopping but I was walking around, I was much younger and different, and hoping she wouldn't recognize me. Then outside in the parking lot, I was walking up and down the parking lot then I spotted my grandmother who was much younger and hoped she hadn't spotted me. I'd walk down one side of the vehicles and she walked the other side like she recognized me, I don't know that she saw me at first, but eventually she did. I don't remember what happened after that though.

Yogi was in the dream and my grandparents also had a cat. I was at their house, my grandmother looked younger, thinner and I looked outside and saw a funnel cloud, we all ran into the bathroom to be safe. We made it ok but Yogi, the puppy, died. I felt bad because I realized that somehow I'd gone back through time and doing so had killed Yogi. Originally, in real life, Yogi had lived to a ripe old age.

Later on there was another funnel cloud and we were out in the yard and had to run to the house and it was too far, we ran like the dickens, I think we all made it to the house.

What I did know for sure is that I had gone back in time about 28 years but...mentally I was as old as I am now--physically--I don't know, I think I was the same as I am now, but I never saw myself in the dream so I don't know. I do know that I told my grams and gramps and Auntie Nina and Uncle Virgil all about the future--that Reagan was president, then I said "oh but you know that already" so it must have been 1980. I also told them George Bush and his son became President and I told them about inventions and other things that happened. I told them, and I recall this VIVIDLY---to invest in DELL and MICROSOFT because these two companies would make billions. I also told them about other companies they should invest in...

I remember other minor bits and pieces but not much else...

2 comments:

  1. Wow, you really have some imagination! OK...funnel clouds, did they touch down or just spin away? These could represent turmoil, either now or in the past.
    I don't understand Yogi's part in it though. I can't help you with that gaga. Well, I'm getting ready to go, so wish me luck! LOve Ya~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7/02/2008

    Do you remember that kid when we were in the 8th grade who actually got hit by a tornado while he was watching cartoons. His sister ran and got in the bathtub. I think his name was George, but that's all I can remember at the moment.--ST

    ReplyDelete