Saturday, July 26, 2008

We had a family gathering on Saturday and mom and dad's house. Seemed it was quite a long time since we've had one and mom and dad really wanted to do it. Let's see it was mMom, dad, grams, sis, bro and his wife and me were there. Oh and BuddyBean and Bee. It was a good time, no foul language, no fighting, no shooting anyone with beebee guns, no kicking each other under the table, yeah it was nice.

We had a great time, bro told stories about guns, ghosts and government, sis explained the meaning of certain words, mom cooked a fantastic Italian meal, dad just sat back and listened telling wild stories of his youth in between bites, and of course grams was well-behaved. It's nice sitting at the table listening to everyone's insane stories.

Me? I just sat back and enjoyed my food, a big ole bowl of pasta and homemade sauce with some $12 per link italian sausage bro got from a friend of his who imports it from Italy. OMG this stuff is good. Publix as much as I love 'em can't hold a candle!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous7/31/2008

    I'm so glad y'all had the opportunity to get together. It can be so hard to coordinate everyone's schedule, but it is well worth the effort. I was also very happy to hear there were no BB gun incidents. I hope BuddyBean got a piece of that great Italian sausage. After all he is a member of the family.--ST

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope, sorry ST, Bud is doing great on his 1150 calorie a day diet and according to our family vet, if we keep this up, he should be down to 80 lbs within a year!

    BTW, our get together was wonderful and we're going to try and do it again every 6 weeks or so. knock on wood...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm green with envy that you had such a nice family gathering and ditto the food. Between death and distance, my family doesn't gather much anymore. Also can't remember the last time I had some good sassage!!!

    FMD

    ReplyDelete