Monday, August 18, 2008

This my dear Susan...

...is a Toblerone!














Toblerone (pronounced /ˈtoʊbləroʊn/ in English, and /to.blɛ.ˈʁo.ne/ in Swiss German) is a chocolate bar made by Kraft Foods Switzerland. It is best known for its triangular chunks (representing the Matterhorn in the Swiss Alps)

Toblerone was created by Theodor Tobler and Emil Baumann in Bern, Switzerland in 1908. The two gentlemen developed a unique milk chocolate including nougat, almonds and honey with a distinctive triangular shape. The product's name is a portmanteau combining Tobler's name with the Italian word torrone (a type of nougat).

3 comments:

  1. Yum... they are my favorite! Now I must run out and buy one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummmm! These are so good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8/20/2008

    Thanks for the education. I have got to try one. I can't believe I have missed out on this. You know I am a huge chocolate nut!--ST

    ReplyDelete