Monday, September 08, 2008

Just do your job...

It is so damn annoying when I bust my ass to go above and beyond for my students and someone else in another part of campus whose job is to HELP students can't do the same thing. I had a student with a financial aid problem and her counselor sent her back to me saying it was MY error. But I had done NOTHING to her record, I don't even work with financial aid. But twice her counselor blamed it on the student's department.

All this did was waste the student's time and mine.

Fortunately there are many people on campus who work with students, who are more than willing to go the extra mile, I am one of those people. Not everyone one who works with students has that same attitude. Not saying we all don't have bad days occasionally but there are those who do this sort of thing regularly.

I say if you don't want to help students, get a job where you're not in a position that requires you to help them. There are plenty of good people out there who can fill your shoes and nobody will miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment