Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Rewarding bad decision-making...

I don't even know what to say about this story....but I'm glad the gals at one of my favorite sites posted it. I needed to be pissed off about something today.

But it is nice to know that our hard-earned tax dollars go to support such stupidity and lack of common sense.

FLINT, Michigan -- With 10 kids and no vehicle, Latrica Ryan is used to juggling.

Going to a movie or out for dinner is a like plotting a major tactical undertaking. Not that such outings happen that much.

"It would really be nice if I could take my kids where they needed to go, instead of having to find them a ride," Ryan said. "And when we do go somewhere, I have to pay four or five people (for gas) to get us all there.

"I have booster seats and car seats. It's a lot."

Ryan, is a 29-year-old single stay-at-home mother of five sons and five daughters, who range in age from 2 months to 13 years."


You can click on the link above for the story, I just can't post anymore, it just ticks me off. I mean here we are shocked and angry that the government is bailing out corporations for mistakes they have made, but they've been doing it all along with the "common people". By giving Latrica Ryan, the poor mother of ten children a handout for the past ten years, they have essentially encouraged her to have more children. She figures once she has the children, other people can help her take care of them.

It's pathetic.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous12/03/2008

    Very well said. What happened to personal responsibility? It's dumb witted people like this that keep reproducing at an alarming rate and ask for government assistance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just bumped into your blog tonight, and read the linked artical and a large number of the comments left under it, on that site. There are many things about this story that infuriate me but the one that tops the list is the fact that many of the commenters ask what about the father/s? I understand and agree that if you are part and party to making a child you should also be responsible for its welfare. However, to redirect the blame on the dead beat dads, is also very incorrect. This woman was in the bed at the same time and frankly, I believe far more culpible than any of the fathers given she has willfully chosen to become a baby factory using the first willing sperm donor that comes along. The whole time sitting there with her air of entitlement and her hand out at the same time.

    I am a stupid matress back that had way to damn many babies, and since I can't work I need the system to support me and my children.

    And don't get me started on setting a bad example to all of her daughters that being a matress back and abusing the system is perfectly exceptable.


    Sorry didn't mean to puke here. It just really pisses me off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12/04/2008

    How can you be a single, stay at home mom? Someone has to work. Who fathered these children? Why do I have to support deadbeats? I'm sick of this garbage.

    He who does not work does not eat!
    ~ST

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jess,

    Thank you for your kind words about my photos. I now use Flickr to which there is a link in the side bar. I know have over 2,000 more photos posted there.

    I also have a non photo blog but I had problems with it because people from work found out about it. I used to post several times a day when it was new but over the years it has slacked off to a few times a month. If you would like, and maybe I am being far to presumtuous here, but you can visit this link.

    http://imafotonut.blogspot.com/

    Thanks again for your kind words.

    ReplyDelete