Monday, December 08, 2008

You're going to be sorry...

I'm not really sure who the "you" is, but I think it refers to all of us. After reading the latest about the new "car czar" I am left wondering why there is no "banking czar" or "wall street czar". After all if we need someone to watch the automakers and make sure they're not abusing their bailout funds, shouldn't there be one for all of the others?

The corporations receiving bailout funds are going to regret it. The government will be up their ass and there's not a damn thing they'll be able to do about it. I don't know that pumping more money into an already failing company is the right thing to do. When a company performs poorly there's a reason. It's either due to people not having enough money to buy the product, overproduction, underproduction, poor investments, lack of productivity, prices set too high, bad management....the list goes on and on.

I'm no economist but I believe there are two things that must be done before more money should be poured into a failing business. The first is to take a good hard look at why the business if failing, the second is to come up with a plan to save it. Only when there is a viable plan in writing should further investment be considered.

Would you pour your hard-earned money into a business if it didn't take those steps first? No, you wouldn't.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12/10/2008

    I'm emotionally tired and the libs haven't officailly taken control yet. Or perhaps it is because my party has rolled over and played dead. Either way, I hate to watch the Constitution get trampled time and time again.~ST

    ReplyDelete