Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The old house in Miami...

I had a dream the other night that I was back in Miami at grams and gramps old house on 117th Ave and 177th Terrace. There was this great concrete structure built over it. To get to the house, I had to go down these steps almost going underground. I told the workmen that I needed to go into the closet in the bedroom because mom had made an inscription on the wall. And this is true---mom told us years ago that when we moved out of the house and up here to North Florida, she wrote on the wall in the closet in what was her and dad's bedroom, but originally had been her room when she was growing up. The room was pink and while it was mom's room, Nonna, her grandmother would use it.

I've often dreamed of that closet and that mom made an inscription in the wall high above the doorframe. At least that's where I think it was. I'd really like to go back and read the inscription. There were so mnay good memories in that house, maybe that's why I dream about it. In my dreams I've often walked around the house and the neighborhood, sometimes to the other side of the city, of course having a problem getting back LOL. I know that house like the back of my hand, and I've often met up with my family in my dreams there, especially gramps. It was nice.

1 comment:

  1. I've had many dreams of being back in that house. No matter who owns it now, I'll always think of it as my home.

    ReplyDelete