Saturday, July 04, 2009

Am I insane?

For the second time I've had a dream that I was shot and killed. The first one was about a month ago, I was shot in the back of the head in the dream, but I didn't die right away. I waited around to help someone. See, I had this dream, the details which are still a little sketchy, but I dreamed it over and over again, each time, the dream would start a little farther back towards the beginning. Like the first time I had the dream that night, it started in the middle, then I dreamed it again immediately after and it started back a little earlier than where it did before. And so on...I was shot in the dream, shot in the head.

Last night was another weird dream, again involving construction at my mom and dad's house, workmen all over the place. They were doing things that pissed me off and I was going to tell my mother about them. Also, again in this dream like many others I have a cell phone, an older model from the early 90's, but I don't know if I can get a signal.

And then like the other dream, I was shot. I was shot by someone in the mafia. I had thought it wouldn't happen but it did. In fact, in the dream, I remember watching television, a tv show where slowly but surely, many of the women were hunted down and killed by the mob, but I can't remember why. Mind you this was in the dream. Anyway, I told people that the mafia was after me, nobody could help me, suddenly I felt the bullet hit the side of my head, small hole, no blood, but I knew it was there. I felt no pain, just weak, I lay there, holding on because there was something I had to do. But in the dream, I was dying. Theres' no question in my mind. I don't think I was scared, because I couldn't feel anything, but all I could feel was being tired and wanting to go to sleep.

Very strange and very real like the one I had previously about being shot in the head. I've never had dreams like that before. Just be forewarned when reading this, I am known for my strange dreams.

The things that seem to be the most prevalent in my dreams:

--an old cell phone,

--living at mom and dad's house and not having any cars to drive because my sister took one and my brother took one and there was nothing left for me,

--being at my old high school and not being able to find where I parked my car,

--being at mom and dad's house and trying to take a shower in that old shower in the second bathroom,

--mom and dad's house under construction (been having that dream since long before pa died)

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous7/05/2009

    You know what they say, "Normal is just a setting on a hairdryer."

    I've been having stange dreams lately too. Last night I dreamed my step sister died and we were going to bury her in a hole in the back yard. (no coffin) When we stared throwing dirt on her she started moving and my step mother told her to be quiet because she was dead.

    Maybe I've been hanging around you too long.(LOL)~ST

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I hate to say it but that's funny, esp. your mom telling her to be quiet! Well you know you and I have been a profound influence on each other. Wish I could say I've been a good one on you LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i can't imagine why you have these strange dreams, I mean, you come from such a normal, non-dysfunctional family....

    ReplyDelete