Sunday, August 23, 2009

Had a dream last night about dad

I was at mom and dad's house as I am in many of my dreams. I think I was living there. Dad was there, talking, alive just as he always was. He wore shorts and a white tee shirt, his usual comfortable outfit at home.

I was wiping the counter with a dishtowel and thinking "when is mom going to have a chance to move on?" and then I looked at pa and asked, "Can I ask a stupid question?" and he said "Sure" and I said, "Are you going to be here indefinitely?" and he said "Well, eventually I have to go back and wake up" and I think he may have added so he could die but I am not sure, I tried to remember the dream all day so I could write it down. Essentially I knew what he meant. Eventually he knew he had to go back into his body, wake up, and die because he couldn't just lay there in limbo forever.

I wonder what it means?

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8/24/2009

    I have had similar dreams about my Papa. In my dreams I'm usually at Papa and Granny's house watching football. (We used to love to do that. Papa and Granny called it our tailgating parties.) Papa would come in and I would say, "Papa what are you doing here? You're suppose to be dead" He would say "I just came back for a visit." or "I just came back to check on Granny."

    I wonder if it was just because I was missing him. Also, I used to worry a lot about Granny after Papa died. Come to think of it, I haven't had those dreams anymore since Granny died. I guess I know they are together now and happy.~ST

    ReplyDelete