Monday, October 19, 2009

For my folks...

Once was a thought inside my head,
‘Fore I reached thirty I’d be dead.
Now somehow on and on I go.
I keep on rollin’ with the flow.


Folks said that I would change my mind.
I’d straighten up and do just fine.
Ahh but I still love rock and roll.
I keep on rollin’ with the flow.
(keep on rollin' with the flow)

While guys my age are raising kids,
I’m raisin’ hell just like I did.
I’ve got a lot of crazy friends,
And they forgive me of my sins.


Some might be callin’ me a bum.
But I’m still out there havin’ fun.
And Jesus loves me, yes, I know.
So, I keep on rollin’ with the flow.
(keep on rollin with the flow)

While guys my age are raising kids,
But I'm raisin' hell just like I did
I’ve got a lot of crazy friends,
And they forgive me of my sins.

Can't take it
with you when you’re gone.
But I want enough to get there on.
And I ain’t ever growin’ old.
So I keep o
n rollin’ with the flow.
(keep on rollin’ with the flow)





















I ain’t ever growin’ old,
If I keep on rollin’ with the flow.
(keep on rollin’ keep on rollin’)

Keep on rollin’ with the flow.
(keep on rollin’ keep on rollin’)

Keep on rollin’ with the flow.
(keep on rollin’ keep on rollin’)

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous10/20/2009

    Wonderful post! I especially like the pic of your dad on the motorcycle wearing loafers and black socks with shorts. What's up with that? Somewhere I think I have a picture of my dad dressed like that ;-) ~ST

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it too. Bet you didn't know that was a Charlie Rich song! I have the exact words though, I'll send them to you. Alot of people have a couple of the lines wrong, but of course you know I'd have them lol I love those pics, black socks and all :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I changed the lyrics, now those few lines are right. And oh yeah I knew it was Charlie Rich, you kidding? You guys used to listen to him when we were LITTLE kids!!

    ReplyDelete