Thursday, December 17, 2009

I don't know what made me think of this but the other day I was watching Fox News and caught a clip of something that happened on the Hill. I don't know why, it bugged me, maybe because it seems they're so caught up in their partisan crap they've just forgotten how to be gentlemen.

Joe Lieberman was speaking for ten minutes and had only a sentence or two left to wrap up when time ran out. He politely asked for just another minute to finish his thought. It's quite common for Senators to request this, I mean what's the harm right?

That's when Junior Senator Al Franken (sitting in as presiding member of the Senate) protested and said,

"In my capacity as senator from Minnesota, I object."

I mean was it REALLY a big deal Al? Come on you ass, let the man finish his thought.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12/19/2009

    Back in 2006, George W. had a lot of us fools running to vote all Democratic in our local elections, now Obama will have many fools running in 2010 to vote all Republican in those same local elections. I won't be one of those fools this time - I will be HEAVILY researching my vote then - REGARDLESS OF PARTY! Lesson LEARNED!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jess, I caught that, too. It's almost NEVER DONE that senators cut someone off and it shocked the rest of the senate...but Reid, apparently, had asked Franken to cut them off short.
    This health care bill's hot stuff; can't let anybody even slightly criticize. Imagine this in America? No wonder if bugged you! You're too American to swallow that stuff.
    Merry Christmas, honey. xxx

    ReplyDelete