Thursday, March 18, 2010

Welcome to your life...

Today is one of the best days I've had in awhile. I'm beginning to think maybe this is a mid-life and no that's not a cop out, I really think it is part of the whole getting older deal. People have this idea that mid-life means going out and buying a fancy sportscar and getting a boyfriend or girlfriend (LOL!) but that's not what it means to me. Nope, it's something entirely different although if anyone has a clue where I can find a 1969 Ford Fairlane 500 in really great condition, let me know!!

I've always been told that as we enter a new decade of life, there are emotional and physical that accompany the age. Looking back I realize that is true. When I was in my 20's I was a different person, as was the case in my 30's, and now at 40. Not only are there physical changes that just come with age, but I think the best changes are those which make up our "person", you know--our "character". By that I mean that I am a more practical, intelligent, caring, common sense, understanding, compassionate, and humble person now than I have ever been in my life. That doesn't mean I wasn't all those things before, I think most everyone who knows me would agree I've always been that way. But it's just that with age comes wisdom and I believe that all the things about "me" are better now than they have ever been.

And that my friends is a good thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment