Saturday, June 05, 2010

Every now and then I go through this stage where I ponder the meaning of life. I don't know what triggers it. It just happens.

I'm 40 years old and another year older come October. I haven't got it figured out yet. By that I mean, I thought I knew where I was going and how I was going to get there. But suddenly I find myself asking a lot of questions. One of the biggest questions I find myself asking is, "why am I doing this?"

We get one life and we spend the first half of it trying to answer a bunch of silly questions like "what am I going to do with my life?" and by the time we figure it out, we're dead.

We get one shot at this and unfortunately there's no owners manual. We're supposed to figure life out as we go along. Sometimes I find that a little sick and twisted, don't you?

1 comment:

  1. Yeah ... a little sick. In the Marines we had this saying: Life's a bitch, and then you die.

    Sigh.

    ReplyDelete