Thursday, October 14, 2010

Life is short. Do what matters.

Life is short. We get one good run at it and then we're done. It would be ideal if we could spend every day of our lives doing something meaningful. Unfortunately that isn't the case. Blessed are those who are able to find their calling and spend a few good years doing something so totally meaningful they feel completely at peace.

I believe there is a sense of inner peace and fulfillment that comes from making a difference in the lives of others. Why is that? Why is it that as a means of achieving happiness for ourselves, we crave the need to do something good for others? Why can't we feel fulfilled by doing only for ourselves? Interesting, isn't it?  A great job, a big house, lots of money, great friends...it's all wonderful isn't it, but it just feels a little empty without that one little thing. 

What is that one thing? Well I can't tell you because I'm still searching myself. I believe everyone has a gift, some special thing that if they indulged in it, would bring their lives meaning and fulfillment and benefit others greatly.  The problem is that not everyone recognizes their gift. How on earth do you find it? I can't answer that. But I think everyone should at least try. I am convinced everyone has something great to offer, it just takes some work to find it.

No comments:

Post a Comment