Tuesday, November 23, 2010

The phone conversation went something like this...


Mom: What can I say? I'm just not a morning person.

Me: Nope, you definitely are not. In fact, well let me just say this...we used to hate it when you got up in the mornings!

Mom:  Why?

Me: Because you were so GRUMPY! Those first few hours were hell for us.

Mom: Your father used to say that.

Me: Well he definitely knew what he was talking about. He wasn't like that. He was always happy-go-lucky!

Mom: I don't know why I was like that. I had three kids, a lot of stress.

Me: Yeah ok. Since I can say this now and get away with it may I say,"mom you were a real bitch in the mornings! And since Kim [sis] was like that too, you have no idea what it was like growing up with you both like that in the same house every morning! [LOL]

Mom: Was I that bad?  I'm so sorry.

Me: Oh now you apologize? [LOL]

Mom: I had a  lot going on back then when you guys were kids.

Me: Oh Please! [LOL] you were like that even when we weren't kids. Hell, we were all grown up and moved out and you were still that way. Dad used to say "Oh God your mother's up!" [LOL] When I was living there as an adult with you guys, dad and I would make sure we cleared the house before you woke up because we knew when you got up man you would be bitching for hours. [LOL]

Mom: I'm sorry. [LOL]

Me: Oh it's ok, I look at it this way, it was like a really bad horror movie, like the Exorcist. All you needed was some pea soup and the ability to turn your head 360 degrees...well ok all you needed was some pea soup. You had the other one down pretty good. [LOL]

Mom: Your poor father, he's probably up there [heaven] laughing right now.

Me: Oh yeah he is but he was used to it after 43 years. [LOL]



It's nice when you get to an age when, after all the crap you put your mother through in your youth, you can pick on her and she apologizes! Mom was a good sport and took it all in stride, as always.   :)

2 comments:

  1. Damn, I feel so bad!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ROFL you shouldn't feel bad. We are who we are. I think it's funny.

    ReplyDelete