Thursday, November 25, 2010

Reflecting...

When I was a child, I felt there was something simply magical about this time of year. When the leaves began to change from deep green to burnt orange, red, and yellow and when the weather cooled, I felt invigorated and happy. Of course like any other child I also looked forward to the perks of the holiday season like time off from school, visiting relatives, big family dinners, cold weather, putting up the Christmas tree and playing outdoors.

As an adult, I still feel reinvigorated when this time of the year approaches but now I spend this time reflecting upon my life and its meaning. It is a process that I do best alone. By alone I mean I don't talk about it, rather I write about it because it is just easier for me to convey my thoughts in writing. If I had to actually verbalize my thoughts in this matter, I would make a mess of it and sound like an idiot.  As fun as that sounds I think I'll pass for now.  Time to get back to my thinking...

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous11/25/2010

    Thanks for thinking, Jessica! You said it for all of us, I think! I used to tell my friends I could "smell the leaves changing color" - they all laughed at me, but I bet you understand . . . don't you . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do understand. I can close my eyes and "smell" the leaves.....I also love the smell of woodburning fireplaces....

    ReplyDelete