Thursday, January 06, 2011

Good outweighs evil...

I was just sitting here thinking about something Annie wrote in her blog recently. It was a great post that really got me to pondering some things....

We're surrounded by the notion that the world is going to pieces. We're not the first generation to be subject to that either. Our parents and grandparents going back generations all had their share of woes. But it seems things have become darker as time goes on. All around us we see, hear and read about the awful things going on in the world. I won't even go into detail because I'd be spending days writing out the list here. You know what I'm talking about because you are exposed to it too. Frankly it's just frustrating to be bombarded with it day after day, so I decided to tune it out. I'm not in denial, it's just that I get one life to live and I sure as heck don't want to spend it worried about the world collapsing around me. Although I will admit from time to time, I am greatly bothered by the events taking place around us. Sometimes it's hard to shove aside the things you read, hear and see.

It's a shame that all the good things going on in the world (and there are so many) aren't newsworthy. Having studied the history of journalism, I can tell you that it's generally been this way since the beginning and it's not about to change. The media will continue to report the really crappy stuff, that will never change. It's what sells, it's what people want. But, despite all the bad news we're constantly bombarded with, the truth is that there are good people doing good things all around this world every single day. I believe people are inherently good, if they weren't, we wouldn't be here, we'd all be dead, the world would already be decimated. It's a struggle but overall, I believe good constantly outweighs evil every single day. We just have to search a bit to find it, but trust me, it's there.

1 comment:

  1. I love what you wrote, it was absolutely wonderful!

    ReplyDelete