Saturday, January 29, 2011

This dream beats all...

I'm known far and wide for my strange dreams. Last night's was a wild one. In this dream, I worked at some kind of company, I think it might have been a Development and Construction firm, the owner was none other than Carroll O'Connor. He was a great boss and everyone liked him but there were a few guys who wanted to take this company out from under him. The office walls were this nice blue color, with wooden doors to the offices. Everyone there seemed nice, we liked working there. As I recall a couple of the guys at the company were snuffed out but I can't remember too well and I think it was because they were trying to take over the company. But the boss didn't do it, someone else did.

Next thing I know I was sitting in a chair next to some guy with a glass window behind us, in some sort of office, but there were people milling around. I was watching this baby that wasn't mine, the baby was sleeping in an open paper bag (LOL!) and I guess I was doing someone a favor by babysitting. I fell asleep in the chair and when I woke up the baby was gone, someone had stolen it. I immediately called CSI. Catherine Willows came out and told me to call Nick. I asked her for Nicky's cell phone number and she gave it to me. When I called, the voice mail of the CSI office answered. Finally I got Nicky's right number and he came out. Apparently we were friends and said we would talk about what happened. When they came out to investigate, I was helping but Grissom got upset because I was inadvertently contaminating the crime scene.

In the meantime, during all of this dream, I was back at home with mom and dad and dad reminded me that my sister Kim and I were supposed to accompany mom to the Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville for her followup appointment to the surgery she had last year. Now, I was angry that I had to go because I am the one who always helps take care of family business. I was angry at my sister because in the dream, she apparently never had to do anything to help out. I was really angry in this dream, dad knew it too, but I didn't want mom to know because I didn't want her to think I did not want to help her. Sometime during the dream I was so busy at the office and also trying to help CSI investigate a crime I realized that it was 1:30 and Kim and I were supposed to meet mom in Jax at 2:00. It was a ninety minute drive and I knew we would never make it in time. I could not for the life of me remember mom's cell phone number (which was weird because that happens a lot in my dreams, though in real life I am like a walking talking telephone book, I remember everything!) and so finally I got the number for the clinic and the nurse told me mom had left already. The nurse also told me that her doctor had been ill and lost some weight yet I didn't know what that had to do with anything.

Next thing I know I woke up. There are other minor details, I can remember them but I can't make enough of a connection to put the details into words. Sometimes that happens. I know what the details are but don't know how to write them. Isn't that strange?

So...what did I eat or watch last night that might have triggered this?  Well yesterday I had two egg mcmuffins and an orange juice for breakfast, a mini-bagel for mid-morning snack, a yogurt and orange for lunch and since I'd gone grocery shopping I picked up a meatball sub at Subway for dinner on the way home. When I got home I put away groceries, watched the last half of "House" then turned off the TV till later and watched "CSI" from 9 to midnight, then went to bed.

You can sit there all you want and think I'm a nut job and that there must be some reason for this dream but the reality is this happens on a nightly basis. I have the strangest dreams of anyone I know. I've come to accept them. In fact, I look forward to them because I love the look on people's faces when I tell them about the dreams the next day. They're like "WTF?" and really the looks I get are priceless.

Feel free to analyze the dream. Should be interesting. Oh and if you don't know who Carroll O'Connor is, shame on you, look it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment