Friday, December 30, 2011

My job interview with President Obama and Hillary Clinton

The night before last I had a dream I was at the White House and walking up and down the hallways and I wound up talking to a man and woman who were waiting there. The man was in his late 20's, dark hair, and he was obnoxious. The woman was an African-American woman in her late 20's, early 30's, she was a very nice quiet person.
Where we were talking was in a large open area, there was very nice wooden desk near where we were and an older woman sitting at it. The office behind her was where President Obama resided and his personal assistant also had her desk in there next to his. The office did not look anything like the Oval Office, in fact much different. 

We'd heard President Obama was looking for a new assistant because his was leaving. I thought it would be really neat to work for the President so I told the other two I would apply for the job. I was wearing jeans and a tee shirt though, while they were dressed up so I really couldn't expect to apply for the job at that moment. But President Obama came out of his office to get something from the outer office and he said we could interview with him. The guy in the suit went first and he came out telling me "it's a done deal" and "it's in the bag" and acting all obnoxious. I just wanted to smack him. The girl interviewed but she seemed very quiet during the interview. We could see into the office but couldn't hear much of what was going on. She came out and smiled.

I was worried because I didn't have a resume with me and wasn't dressed for an interview. But the President called me into his office. I sat across from him and the first thing I said was, "Mr. President that guy who interviewed said that it was a done deal. Is that true? Also, I'm not dressed for an interview and I don't have my resume with me so I really don't want to waste your time." He told me that it was fine and said "so he said it's a done deal eh? We'll see about that." and he seemed to move the guy's name around on the list on his computer. Apparently I interviewed well. I can't remember anything after that.

Last night I had a dream I was in my office on campus and Hillary Clinton was there. I am not sure why she was in my office but she was there. I called her Mrs. Clinton and she asked me to call her Mrs. Hillary, so I did. Apparently she wanted me to interview for a job with her. She was really nice and we got along well.

While she was visiting my office, there was some woman in another office nearby who was making a ruckus. Apparently this woman had been fired and she had a drill in her hand and was drilling holes into her desk and just ruining all her office furniture. I stood up and yelled at her and told her to get the hell out. Others in the room just looked at me, actually glad I'd done it.

Later on, a few of my students came into my office with these huge boxes, I mean HUGE boxes and they asked me if they could send them off USPS. It would have cost a fortune and I told them they were better off  using UPS.

What in hell were these dreams about?

No comments:

Post a Comment