Saturday, December 03, 2011

No surprise that Cain calls it quits!

I am seriously disappointed with this latest news about Herman Cain. In the beginning I had hoped this man would be someone who could make a difference. As an Independent, I overlooked the fact that he is a Republican and that I disagree with him on some issues, hoping that perhaps he would still have been better than anyone else on that stage but lately I've been of the mindset that there is not one single person running from either major party that interests me. I suppose I am a voter without a candidate. Very sad indeed.

We will never truly know the truth about the allegations against Herman Cain unless of course he were to come out and admit the accusations are true or the accusers admit their accusations were false. Only then would we know for sure. In our justice system, a person is considered innocent until proven guilty. But this is not the justice system, this is politics and in the world of politics, the appearance of impropriety is as bad as impropriety itself.

It is my opinion that if all of these accusations were false, he would have stayed in the race, because it's still easier to fight if truth is on your side than if it is not. It is harder to fight when you spend every moment covering up the past and not knowing what else is going to come out and when. However, I will acknowledge the possibility that even if the accusations were false, a person in Cain's position may still drop out of the race because he or she is tired of fighting a battle that cannot be won. But...which of these scenarios is more likely?

An another note, Ginger White says she is deeply sorry for hurting Cain's wife & kids. Seriously? It's so annoying when women who have affairs with politicians reveal it years later and then apologize for "hurting" anyone by revealing it. Her comments:
"I am not a cold-hearted person. I am a mother of two kids. And of course my heart bleeds for this woman because I am a woman and being in a situation like this can not be fun and I am deeply, deeply sorry if I have caused any hurt to her and to his kids, to his family. That was not my intention. I never wanted to hurt anyone and I'm deeply sorry. I am very sorry." 

Give me a break. Any bets on how long till White's book deal is revealed?

No comments:

Post a Comment