Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Media bias gets in the way of the truth about Romney's speech

I'd been hearing all evening about how Romney was boo'd during his speech at the NAACP convention. In fact, if you google "Romney" and "NAACP" and "Boo" you'll get 1,640,000 results! Most of the  major news outlets are choosing to focus on the fact that Romney was boo'd (once) during his speech when said that if elected, he would eliminate ObamaCare as a means of saving money and contributing to job creation.

When I attempted to find the video version of the Romney speech in its entirety, it was nearly impossible. All I could find was the excerpt of the speech in which he was boo'd. Finally, via PBS I was located the speech in its entirety. I watched, I listened, and I found yet another example, a fine one at that, how the media distorts the truth. It's sad but it's true and it's no surprise that the all-powerful media has yet again filtered down to us only what they want us to see and hear. This means that we have to be more diligent about finding the truth.

I found the truth and I thought I'd share it with you.

In this complete video of his speech, Romney holds his ground and does not falter, rather, he sticks to his guns, tells the audience his vision and his plans, without being distracted. Overall it was a very good speech and he receives much applause. By the end of the speech, I'd forgotten he had been boo'd at all. Mind you, it's not so different from most political speeches in which candidates try to win over their audience (and it is clear in the end that Romney did just that), but nevertheless it is a candidate speech and it is important to watch and listen in this very critical election.

It would appear, that the mainstream media has engaged in yet another pathetic attempt to distract voters from a message it doesn't feel needs to be heard. However, that is not for them to decide, is it?

So, if you have twenty-three minutes you can spare (if you don't, you should find it anyway), you should watch so that you can judge for yourself whether or not the media, the entity we rely on for our daily news and information, did this speech justice....or not.



3 comments:

  1. Anonymous7/12/2012

    Thank you! Love that you posted this! Ava

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so true. The interesting thing is that both sides of the game profit from making the "boo" the high (low?) point of his speech! Do you think they all gather in a room together the night before and agree on how it should go down? Do I sound too much like conspiracy theorist? Don't answer that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you think AC! :) Gawd, if you're a conspiracy theorist, I am too....I can only imagine what goes on behind closed doors!

    ReplyDelete