Thursday, November 01, 2012

A dream about a funeral

I had a dream last night that I attended a funeral with my dad, mom, sister, brother and grams. The funeral was for my gramps (mom's dad). In the dream we went to the church to wait for the funeral director and his people to bring my gramps out in his coffin. We were kept waiting a long time and we all started to get impatient. I remember standing outside the church waiting a long time and in the dream I recalled I'd been to another funeral for my other grandfather and we were kept waiting. We could not figure out what in hell was taking them so long to get things going.

One of my grad students was in the dream too. He apparently knew my dad. He pulled up to the church in a truck and dad was pissed off over the delay of the funeral and he had words with my grad student. He either said something or he hit him, I can't remember. Next thing I know, my grad student took off in his truck and ran over someone, that person got caught in his engine, it was awful and very bloody. My grad student, who shall remain nameless, was horrified and I think he tried to run.

As in all of my dreams, when I close my eyes and recall it, it just feels so real. I wish I could figure out what it means, if it means anything at all. 

I should have written this down this morning when it was fresh. It was a very disturbing dream as you can imagine. The fact that my now-deceased father was in the dream is even more perplexing.

No comments:

Post a Comment