Saturday, December 01, 2012

Putting the good back in news...

I decided to embark on a project which entails collecting stories about people doing good things and publishing those stories in my blog. Every time I flip on the news it's about Benghazi, the fiscal cliff, Syria, Israel vs. the Palestinians, Republicans vs Democrats, unemployment, etc. I thought it was time we had some good news. The news media outlets tend to only report the negative and I suppose that's because negative gets the viewers attention. Oh, occasionally we hear and read about people doing nice things for others and the stories go viral and then you don't hear anything else for while. Meanwhile every day in this world, people are taking time out of their busy lives to just do something nice for other people and even animals.

Those stories deserve to be told. I think in the current state of affairs of our world at this given moment in time, we could do with being reminded on a constant basis that there are a lot of great people and that good really does prevail over evil.

Please help me spread the word about my project. I've created an email address just for this and it's GoodDeedStories@hotmail.com.  If you know a story about someone doing good, please email it to me.

Jess

1 comment:

  1. Such a great idea Jess!! This is what we need more of!

    ReplyDelete